Nils Hansen's 'Narcissus' refers to a figure from Greek mythology. Narcissus rejected all romantic advances eventually falling in love with his own reflection in a pool of water, staring at it for the remainder of his life. Thus 'Narcissus' is a universal symbol for vanity, inspiring artists for at least two thousand years.
The myth of Narcissus is a myth of death resulting from the absence of desire in a love relationship, and a metaphor of the symbolic and imaginary death of the narcissistic person. ('Narcissism and the Death Instinct', A. Fayek)
The sculpture is embedded in a fountain installation and refers to a work of the German 19th century sculptor Hubert Netzer. It has a surreal touch with golden accents and crystalline details. The ornamental details on the fountain allude to the flower of the daffodil and on the upper part to his heritage - being the son of the river god Cephissus.
- Can be used in Unity or Unreal Engine 5 environments
- Collect and display truly digital-native sculpture recalling classics from antiquity
- Bring your appreciation of aesthetics into the metaverse with classic 3D sculptures
- Show off your knowledge and preferences for art to your friends in the metaverse
- Own a unique piece of art that expresses your aesthetic tastes and interests
- Let others know that you're a trend-setting OG art collector in the metaverse
- Use the sculpture as a conversation starter at parties and other group events
- Create a sense of place in your real estate with the ultimate art installation
- Trade the sculpture with other collectors, or create a grouping of sculptures
- Commercial use of the file; check the licensing agreement