Referencing the last great ocean paradise - the Ningaloo Reef - designer Shayli Harrison collaborated with digital fashion network MUTANI and 3D-artist Manel el Jmal to create an avatar for a digital fashion piece entitled DEEP FEE(R). Launched at Crypto Fashion Week 2022 as a collectible and AR Filter on Dress X / Foundation
Ningaloo draws their name from the Ningaloo Reef - an area representing over 50% of the Indian Ocean’s entire coral life. The word Ningaloo, is Australian Aboriginal Wajarri language for “deepwater”. This is spoken by the Yamatji peoples of the Baiyungu and Yinigudura clans, who have inhabited the area for over 30,000 years: Always was, Always will be.
With this work, Australian native designer Shayli Harrison worked with 3D-artist Manel el Jmal to portray the most significant threat of the Ningaloo Reef: human driven menace.
Utilizing anthropomorphism as an empathic tool, this coral reef inhabiting avatar - an ichthyic femme creature - is both horrific as it is alluring, representing both the charm that is earth’s aquatic life as the lack of empathy human society has to those living in it.
- Can be used in Unity or Unreal Engine 5 environments
- Let yourself shine through by expressing yourself fully in a unique, personalized way
- Use your avatar for vtubing and build a following around your unique identity
- Choose whether you resemble your IRL body, or be someone else entirely
- A complete avatar that allows you to traverse the open metaverse
- Use the avatar interoperably across the major open metaverses
- Claim ownership of your avatar, while also enabling others to own it later